none
Is it possible to use WCF service for fetching data from some other application on a regular interval RRS feed

• Question

• I have to fetch some data from an application and store it in local table. so for that can i use WCF service , that runs on regular interval.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hi zeba,

>> so for that can i use WCF service , that runs on regular interval.

In my option, WCF is not suitable for this scenario. WCF is implemented in Request and Response, the function will be run while there is any request from client. If you need to fetch data on a regular interval under WCF, I would suggest you create a task or windows service to call WCF function on a regular interval time.

But if so, why do not we implement this function directly in windows service? So, for a recommended way, I would suggest you create a windows service, and then fetch data on a regular interval in function of windows service.

The link below might be useful to you.

# Windows Service to run a function at specified time

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19151363/windows-service-to-run-a-function-at-specified-time

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by zeba shireen Friday, March 3, 2017 6:55 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:54 AM