.net Reportviewer export to excel using office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Using vb.net, i had designed  a matrix report, which is viewed using the report viewer.

The column of the matrix report exceeds more than 256 columns.So while exporting to excel i am getting error "the number of columns in Excel sheet exceeded the limit of 256 columns"

As the maximum number of columns restriction is resolved in office 2007. I had installed office Excel 2007 and office 2003 in the client machine, but the export is using the Excel 2003 to render.

How to tell the "Export to excel" function in the report viewer to use the office 2007 for rendering?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:31 AM

Answers

• The ReportViewer control only generates 2003 based Excel workbooks however you can open these in Excel 2007. There is currently no way to export to Excel 2007 natively however this is something we're looking to support in a future release.

Matt Meyer, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    • Proposed as answer by Matt Meyer - MSFT Monday, May 18, 2009 6:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sankar28 Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:05 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 6:18 AM

All replies

• The ReportViewer control only generates 2003 based Excel workbooks however you can open these in Excel 2007. There is currently no way to export to Excel 2007 natively however this is something we're looking to support in a future release.

Matt Meyer, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    • Proposed as answer by Matt Meyer - MSFT Monday, May 18, 2009 6:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sankar28 Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:05 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Are you looking for something like: MSDN Sandboxx ?
    This forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msdnsandbox/threads

Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:17 AM
  • So, you have deleted your test replies. :)
    Well, you can always use http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msdnsandbox/threads to try/test the new forums functionality.
    Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:11 AM
  • Hi, Matt

Does the latest version of ReportViewer ( 10.0.0.0) supports exporting to excel 2007 natively?

Thanks

Rama

Saturday, April 9, 2011 5:31 AM
  • I understand this is a very old post. But still since i have same question, can you please tell me is this reportviewer export to excel in 2007 format available in any of VS versions?
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:44 AM