Access "The expression On Current you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:..." RRS feed

• Question

• After copying a form and pointing to a new database, I'm getting an error when I open a form:

The expression On Current you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:...

I have added a breakpoint on the first line of the On Current event.  However, I get this error prior to getting to the breakpoint.  How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks for your help!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 12:44 AM

Answers

• Hi plynton,

According to your description, I think you are using Access database, the Access forum is the better place for the issue of Access.

The error message you provided is too simple, please provide the detail error message and the detail code in OnCurrent event.

Based on my test in Access 2013, the macro will be copied too when copy the form and OnCurrent event works fine.

>>I have added a breakpoint on the first line of the On Current event.  However, I get this error prior to getting to the breakpoint.

I think the issue is that there is the syntax error in your code, the way to troubleshoot this is that you need to remove part of the code to narrow down the issue。

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:32 AM