Exchange Messages between Winform (socket server) and Silverlight (socket client) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know what's the best solution for this requirement, "Exchange Messages between Winform (socket server) and Silverlight Business Application (socket client)".

Business case is; I have a sensor which requires winform to listen events from serial port and I have a silverlight business application (right now this is pulling data from server at every two seconds). I would like to integrate this two separate applications to talk each other via socket.

Now, the main problem is I am having an 4004 error whenever I run silverlight application after I have added a socketclient class. The error message is "Unhandled exception ('Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application code: 4004. Message : System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.DomainOperationException:')".

Is there anyone out there having the same problem as mine? :(

u
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 5:55 AM

Answers

• This Sample helped me solve the problem. http://weblogs.asp.net/dwahlin/archive/2008/06/08/creating-a-silverlight-2-client-access-policy-socket-server.aspx
    • Marked as answer by Alex Kent Monday, May 30, 2011 6:08 AM
    Monday, May 30, 2011 6:07 AM

All replies

• I have made the application work, the previous error was due to Database Server Not starting.

Now, I can manage to run the silverlight application. Now I have a problem with connecting to server due to this error "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

IP address is "127.0.0.1", port number is "4510".

Socket Server is Winform application.

Socket Client is Silverlight application (when I try to connect via winform client, everything is fine)

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:13 AM
  • This Sample helped me solve the problem. http://weblogs.asp.net/dwahlin/archive/2008/06/08/creating-a-silverlight-2-client-access-policy-socket-server.aspx
    • Marked as answer by Alex Kent Monday, May 30, 2011 6:08 AM
    Monday, May 30, 2011 6:07 AM