none
Issue with getting AppManifest of Server Document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on my small utility which will support Win 7/ Office 2010  after migration changes. This application opens a document and shows it manifest data and merge some DLLs and create a new document copy with added features from DLLs. This is running properly on XP machine for office 2003. This application has reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Application.Runtime - serverDocument.

Now for Office 2010 it is recommended to use Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.v10.0. And if I extended its properties and methods I cannot see object(ServerDocument).AppManifest property. And because of that I am unable to get remaining properties like Identity.PublicKeyToken, Identity.Version, .Dependency.AssemblyIdentity.Name

If anyone suggests is anything missing and because of that I am unable to get Manifest?

Thanks,

Avinash

Monday, August 20, 2012 3:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Avinash,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please reproduce your issue via some snippets for further research?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:16 AM
  • Hi following the code which is exists with office 2003 and trying to achieve something which could either equivalent to this in for office 2010

_testDocument = new ServerDocument(pFileName, false, FileAccess.ReadWrite);

_docManifest = _testDocument.AppManifest;

txtAssemblyXML.Text = _docManifest.ToXml();
                lblManifestName.Text = _docManifest.Identity.Name;
                lblManifestPublicKeyToken.Text = _docManifest.Identity.PublicKeyToken;
                lblManifestVersion.Text = _docManifest.Identity.Version.ToString();
                lblDependencyName.Text = _docManifest.Dependency.AssemblyIdentity.Name;
                lblDependencyPublicKeyToken.Text = _docManifest.Dependency.AssemblyIdentity.PublicKeyToken;
                lblDependencyVersion.Text = _docManifest.Dependency.AssemblyIdentity.Version.ToString();
                lblDependencyAssemblyPath.Text = _docManifest.Dependency.AssemblyPath;

Please let me know if more information needed from this.

Thanks,

Avinash

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:46 PM
  • Hi Avinash,

I think it might be DeploymentManifestUrl property in the new version. please take a look at :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb514484

T.X.

志异征诛,三让两家王朝
    功同开辟,一桮万古江南

Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:00 AM