none
Fault Module Name:_KERNELBASE.dll RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

i have a windows application, there crystal reports are in seperate project. On deployment project i have added windows application exe and Crystal report output(.dll), then installed in desktop but, whenever i open crystal report related forms im getting below exceptions. But, in my development computer its working fine. May i know how to resolve this issue?

Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: WindwsSampleApp.exe
      Application Version: 5.2.4.12024
      Application Timestamp: 547ddd26
      Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
      Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18409
      Fault Module Timestamp: 53159a86
      Exception Code: e0434352
      Exception Offset: 0000c42d
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
      Locale ID: 3082

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thanks In Advance, Jeyaseelan

Monday, December 8, 2014 3:45 PM

Answers

• The exception code you're seeing corresponds to a managed exception, so if you can get this running in a debugger like WinDBG it should be pretty obvious what's broken.

1) Get WinDBG (part of Debugging Tools for Windows, you may already have it)

2) Start your program using Windbg on the deployment machine.

3) Load SOS and use command sxe clr to break on first chance CLR exceptions.

4) use g command to run until you hit your exception

5) use !pe extension to print the managed exception.

... this advice, of course, only applies if it's not convenient to get some version of VS on that machine.

I'd bet, given it works on your dev box, that the file structure expected for loading dependent DLLs is not right... but without a .dmp file that's just a guess.  Other things include having disabled strong-name verification on your dev box, or depending on DLLs that are in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache).  If you can share a .dmp, I'd be happy to help narrow that down.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:42 AM