Options when sharing

Question

• Hi,

My app provides both images and data files sharing sources. 

I want to have user deciding which format(or both of them) will be shared on the fly.  I think the best way is to add a format selector to the sharing panel, but I can't find out how to do it.  Is it possible to custom share panel?

Another question:

I have the request.data.properties.thumbnail set(I can see it from SDK Share Target sample),  but I can't see the thumbnail on the sharing panel.  Do I need to do something to show it? Or the share panel just doesn't show the thumbnail at all?   If it is the latter, I would say that was really a bad idea.

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks in advanced.

cheers

Alex

woodhead is as woodhead does

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:23 AM

Answers

• If your app is the share source then it doesn't control what is shown on the sharing panel. It provides the data and the user can choose whichever share targets support those data types. The share panel is displayed by the share target and can show whatever the target application wishes to display.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Alex ZS Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:14 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:32 AM
    Owner

All replies

• If your app is the share source then it doesn't control what is shown on the sharing panel. It provides the data and the user can choose whichever share targets support those data types. The share panel is displayed by the share target and can show whatever the target application wishes to display.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Alex ZS Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:14 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:32 AM
    Owner
  • Thank you Rob.

Could you answer my second question too?

Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:16 AM
  • That is up to the app which implemented the sharing panel.

--Rob

Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:58 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Sorry I didn't make myself clear before. 

When user clicks "share" icon, he will first see a "Share" panel generated by system, on which are the "Title" of the sharing content and then the sharing target app list. 

I just want to know is it possible to show the thumbnail blow the "Title"?  If it is not possible, I'd like to suggest to add that feature.

cheers

Alex

Friday, June 22, 2012 12:43 AM