MS-Word object is missing in DCOM list RRS feed

• Question

• User-77749254 posted

Hi Friends,

I have posted this issue in another forum and I was instructed to post in this forum. Following is my problem

I am using Windows XP SP-3. Recently I installed Office 2007 without removing Office 2003. After successfully installing and activating Office 2007 I remove Office 2003. When I try to configure Word in DCom to be able to access from my Web application I could not find Word options in the DCom list. 

I have tried uninstalling Office 2007 and re-installing but that doesn't  help. Now my web application is unable to create or open ms-word document when I make a published in my local host. Everytime it open or create a document the document object remains NULL. I have done all the setting in DCOM config for accessing and launch permissions. I am using C# and .Net 2.0. The code to open is given below:

1        public void Open(string strFileName)
    2 {
    3 try
    4 {
    5 object fileName = strFileName;
    6 object readOnly = true;
    7 object isVisible = true;
    8 object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;
    9 object openFormat = Word.WdOpenFormat.wdOpenFormatDocument;
    10 //Below is the line where the execution stop. It does not give any error in debugging.
    11 oWordDoc = oHRWordApp.Documents.Open(ref fileName, ref missing, ref readOnly,
    12 ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing,
    13 ref openFormat, ref missing, ref isVisible, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing);
    15 oWordDoc.Activate();
    16 }
    17 catch { }
    18 }

What should i do to get back in the list. Now my web app. is not able to launch word correctly.

Thanks

Monday, March 16, 2009 3:50 AM

All replies

• User-1795293456 posted

Hi Suan,

I'm having the same problem, ¿did you find a solution you can share with me?

Friday, May 15, 2009 5:35 PM