none
Going back to previous step in SP 2013 DESIGNER using the SP D 2010 WF Template - [ NO Workflow Manager involved ]

Question

• I am having SP 2013 SP1 is installed on the WIN SERVER 2012 R2 OS. I dont have workflow manager configured in my dev env.

Currently  i have decided NOT TO GO with workflow manager . Now below is my requirement :  would like to know whether it can be done with the sp d 2010 workflow template or not:

1) Requestor uploads the document in the document library.

2) It triggers a workflow task thats assigned to a group of people. [ say Reviewers]

3)  Now if anyone of the Reviewers say, its Reviewed [ clicked on a REVIEWED BUTTON in his custom task form] it will assign another task to a group called Approver.

4) if any of the Reviewers click on a RE-WORK button on his custom task form , the task has to be re-assigned to the requestor who uploaded the document. [ can we do this functionality using SP D 2010 TEMPLATE in my SP 2013 designer tool ??]

5) now assume if any one of the reviewers REVIEWED and said OK and the task is assigned to APPROVERS group and if any one of the approvers said its OK, [CLICKED ON APPROVED button ] , the workflow has to be completed.

6) If any one of the APPROVERS clicked on the button RE-WORK in his custom task form the task has to be go back o / assigned to REVIEWERS GROUP [ one step back - previous step ] and they will review the document again .

would like to know  whether this kind of functionality can be achieved usinG SP 2010 WF TEMPLATE IN MY SP 2013 DESIGNER env ?

what should be the correct approach in this scenario ? is it better to go with WORKFLOW MANAGER REFRESH 1.0  and create  the workflows -  i dont have knowledge in this new WF infra/ declarative etc ].

OR

Is it completely feasible in SP 2013  D  without using the workflow manager?

Need help on freezing the approach and point me in the RIGHT direction 

• Edited by SaMolPP Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:35 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi SaMolPP,

According to your description, you want to use SharePoint workflow 2010 template in SharePoint 2013 to achieve the workflow.

Per my research, workflow 2010 template have no OOTB feature to loop the steps.

So I suggest you installing workflow manager to use SharePoint 2013 workflow.

You could create SharePoint groups and add users to these groups.

And create a workflow that requestors start the workflow when they upload the document.

If the reviewer click the re-work button send an email to requestors to ask them to delete the document and upload a new document.

The steps as below:

Create two task outcome columns( reviewer and approver) in site column:

Create two new content types (reviewer and approver) in site content type and add the relevant column:

In Start a Task Process dialog, you could add the participant with the group you created.

In outcome options you could configure as below:

Finally, add reviewer and approver content type to workflow task list:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:36 AM
  • hi Grace,

Thanks  very much  for the detailed instructions and steps. 

I will try out this and update/confirm.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:13 PM
  • Hi SaMolPP,

Is there any update?

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the
    helpful information quickly.

You can also share your own solution here and mark it as answer, and we can learn from each other.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 11:48 AM
  • Will update soon.

am having few more things to be incorporated. so i am in those changes.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 9:40 AM