using same field as slicer and row\column lable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is it possible to use the very same field as pivot slicer and also as rows or columns lable?

TIA!

Rea

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi reapeleg,

As I tested, we can use same column in slicer and pivot rows or columns label. But we are unable to use same column in Filter and rows(columns) label.

For instance, I have the sample table.

I create a pivot table, select the Category, Subcatgory as row levels, value as column level. And create a slicer including Category field. Please see the following screenshot, you can use Category field in Slicer and rows(column) level.

If you have other issues, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by reapeleg Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:26 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:12 AM

All replies

• that is in an excel 2016 pivot report
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:43 PM
  • Hi reapeleg,

As I tested, we can use same column in slicer and pivot rows or columns label. But we are unable to use same column in Filter and rows(columns) label.

For instance, I have the sample table.

I create a pivot table, select the Category, Subcatgory as row levels, value as column level. And create a slicer including Category field. Please see the following screenshot, you can use Category field in Slicer and rows(column) level.

If you have other issues, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by reapeleg Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:26 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:12 AM
  • this was my line of thought!

Thanks a bunch!

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:26 AM