Banned. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey I posted a question on Wednesday asking for a basic task to do on Small Basic and now I'm here on my alternate account finding out I was banned? My original account was 'Danny263' under 'Danny_263@hotmail.co.uk'

Why was I banned? I didn't do anything, did I write the question wrong?

Friday, January 27, 2012 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Danny,

Sorry for my mistakenly banned your account and deleted your posts.

Our duty is monitor the flagged thread by Spam filter and take actions. 

The spam filter has an internal algorithm for flagging spam, typically messages from users with no history of posting to forums with short

cryptic messages may trip it up. This algorithm is not perfectly filter all the spam and sometimes may make mistakes.

The forum management team is developing the algorithm and try make it better.

Thank Khumara's reply and unbanned the user.

Sincerely apologize.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    EPX Customer Support
    • Proposed as answer by p.d.khumara Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdevModerator Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:54 PM

All replies

• I have no idea what you posted. But if you didn't write anything abusive, then I don't think that you got banned from that post.

Maybe you did something else with your live account? Or maybe someone hacked your account and did something with it? But all that is nothing we can now.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, January 27, 2012 3:17 PM
  • The user that deleted your original thread question, (your question appeared to me to be completely fine and not the likely to be the cause of any ban) was Liam Huang

Your content was:

Can someone give me a simple programming challenge for a beginner?

Much appreciated.

My guess is that this is some over agressive automatic spam detection method, assuming it wasn't one of Konrad's possibilities.

Friday, January 27, 2012 5:37 PM
  • Hi Danny26

To answer your question try using the search facility at the top of the page and looking for "challenge of the week" or "challenge of the month" where you will find plenty of beginners problems to try.

Friday, January 27, 2012 6:19 PM
  • In addition to the challenges, the last reply I gave (you may not have seen before deletion) was:

I am assuming you have looked over the challenges of the month (past and present) - some are pretty simple and covered the getting started guide.  Also look at the questions and answers on this forum. and try to figure some out.

1] Get SmallBasic to ask for your name, read it in and print 'Hello' and your name.

2] Get SmallBasic to calculate the sum of the first 10 integers (1+2+3+.....)

3] Get SmallBaisic to draw some randomly placed circles on the GraphicsWindow.

Perhaps, if you give some feedback on the kind of thing you are thinking of then people can suggest similar types of projects.

Friday, January 27, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Hi Danny26,

I have escalated your question regarding your account to the proper team. If they don't get back to you, I will personally reply your thread with the answer when I get it.

I don't see why your original question was flagged by the system as a spam. But I might understand why your account might get flagged when you tried to bump your message to the top by replying yourself twice.

Monday, January 30, 2012 10:53 PM
  • Hi Danny26.

Apparently deleting your previous thread was a mistake. But I still haven't got any feedback why your original message was flagged as spam and your account was banned.

Could you please check your original account now? The banned has been removed, and I have checked that your original thread has been restore.

On behalf of the customer support team, I apologize for any inconvenient that it caused. But i am still hoping to understand the spam flagging and banning reasons. I will give you an update when i get the answer.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Hi Danny,

Sorry for my mistakenly banned your account and deleted your posts.

Our duty is monitor the flagged thread by Spam filter and take actions. 

The spam filter has an internal algorithm for flagging spam, typically messages from users with no history of posting to forums with short

cryptic messages may trip it up. This algorithm is not perfectly filter all the spam and sometimes may make mistakes.

The forum management team is developing the algorithm and try make it better.

Thank Khumara's reply and unbanned the user.

Sincerely apologize.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    EPX Customer Support
    • Proposed as answer by p.d.khumara Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdevModerator Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:54 PM
  • Hi p.d. Khumara.
    I have also this trouble with account caxep@live.ru, could you unban my account?
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:30 PM
  • Hi caxep,

Unfortunately I no longer work at Microsoft. Sorry I can't be much help to you.

Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:46 PM
  • My account was recently banned on my account Prodigy Snipzs but I didn't do nothing wrong 
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 12:27 AM
  • My account was recently banned on my account Prodigy Snipzs but I didn't do nothing wrong 

Try posting a query at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 1:17 PM
  • Hey I received an email telling me that I am banned and it has left me very confused as I would like to know why I was banned and if you could remove it that would be amazing as I have lots of content recorded for my YouTube channel and I don't think I can wait a month to upload it.
    Monday, June 6, 2016 8:04 PM
  • I'm banned to can I get unbanned please I won't do it no more I'm only 4

Monday, July 11, 2016 2:45 AM
  • try posting a query to:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:41 AM
    Answerer
  • i got baned because i spam my friends they didt mind it and they didt report me at all is there anyway to get un baned

Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:58 PM
  • i was also banned on my account, Sqej Chief, for doing nothing that i know of. i want to know. why

Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:01 PM
  • I Got banned. Please can I know why.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:16 PM