none
Frustrated RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all fellow developers,

I have produced what I feel is a high quality data related app, in that we are suppling a great cost premium data on the English Premier League, yet the downloads are really slow. 

I dont really understand how I can advertise my app to the public as all Microsoft are doing in the Sports Store is advertising ESPN products on the front pages. 

I also dont understand how paid for apps such as mine are getting no coverage from Microsoft when free apps are?.

Sorry for the rant but I am getting a little frustrated that I have invested a lot of time and money and am getting no coverage!!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:17 PM

All replies

• I doubt MS is going to do anything much for you unless you have a huge downloads and ratings.

I would suggest you to do your own marketing like:

1: Have one or two pages on a website dedicated to your app.

2: Ask for feedback from your friends and followers on social network. Ask them to Like and spread word.

3: Create demo video of your app and post it on youtube, social networks, etc.

4: Writing article about your app for different website/forums that are dedicated to Win8.

5: Paid advertising (if it's worth)

May be you are already doing some or all of that.

Check out our windows phone app - Trekstir Lite Children's Books - with unique and original stories.

Saturday, December 1, 2012 12:40 AM