Exists a way to Import a File to a Folder in Server or Upload to Blob Storage? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, i want to know how to upload a file from Lightswitch (Web) to Blob Storage or File System (in the Server side), because i found some material but not helped me much to work in Silverlight.

This happend to me when i try to Install Windows Azure Storage (Client Library) to my LS Project:

Thanks for advance, have a good day.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• HI,

To install Windows Azure Storage, run the following command in the Package Manager Console,

PM> Install-Package WindowsAzure.Storage

please have a look at this article: http://www.nuget.org/packages/WindowsAzure.Storage

Regards

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Hi

Windows Azure Library is compatible to .Net, not for Silverlight. That's why you are getting error when trying to add the assembly in the client project.

If you want to manage blob storage from client then better go for Windows Azure REST API. This is flexible for all project.

For server side operation (Windows Azure .Net Library), go through the below link.

LightSwitch HTML : Upload pdf file to datbase as VarBinary

HTH

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, October 7, 2013 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:48 AM