none
Visual Studio 2013 to 2015 - Razor intellisense not working

Question

• I have upgraded from visual Studio 2013 to Visual Studio 2015 community edition.

It is an MVC5/MVVM (Knockout project). It compiles and runs. Intellisense is OK on C# and CSS pages, however intellisense does not work on views. There are some views that were created at the beginning of the project that we no longer use, but when opened come up with the colours and intellisense working. However recent views and new views come up in plain text with no colours and intellisense does not work.

Have tried:

• In options removing and checking Autolist Members and Parameter infomration
    • Deleted folder Reflected Schemas
    • Reset all settings in Import and Export Settings
    • Run visual studio as administrator
    • In Edit > IntelliSense > Refreshed Local Cache
    • Deleted suo file
    • Uninstalled visual studio and reinstalled with all options
    • Made sure I was logged in with Microsoft account
    • Unloaded project from solution, changed to version 14, reloaded project into solution
    • Made sure MVC version matches in root web.config and views\web.config
    • Deleted loads of repeats of enries in assemblybinding in root\web.config

Have wasted 3 days trying to resolve this and now run out of options. Any help would be appreciated

• Edited by Paul-DCL Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:03 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul, 

Sorry about your suffering. 

I found that some others resolved this issue by deleting the contents of the path with Visual Studio closed and then opened it:

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache

Please have a try and let us know the result. 

Best regards, 

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:59 AM
  • Sorry I missed that one out of the list of things I had tried. Tried it again just ion case but still does not work.

Paul Edwards

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:20 AM
  • Hi Paul,

It seems really a limitation, as lots people has had this issues. Someone also reported it here, but still there is still not a verified solution for it:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1579142/-razor

and I think you may have look it on stack overflow: 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31581666/visual-studio-2015-broken-razor-intellisense

many members shared their own answer for it. another suggestion is to switch to VS 2017 if you like, anyway it's up to you, and I'm really sorry about this:(

Thanks for your support and standing.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:44 AM