none
Not able to run console application with VS2012

Question

• When I try running console application I get this error message:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging.

An error occurred that usually indicates a corrupt installation (code 0x80040154). If the problem persists, repair your Visual Studio installation via 'Add or Remove Programs' in Control Panel.

I tried repairing the changed target CPU to everything available.

No respite still.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Raj Krish,

How do you run your console application, run with F5 or Ctrl + F5?

Please try Ctrl + F5 to run your console application, which will not debug your console application in Visual Studio. It is similar with run your console application with executable file.

Is this problem just occurs with all console application or just this specific application. Please create a new console application and other project type to verify.

If just this specific project, I suggest you create a new console application and then move all original project files to the new project and rebuild it.

If for all project, please try with following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

>> I tried repairing the changed target CPU to everything available.

Do you mean you repair your Visual Studio or just change the target CPU for your console application? Please try repair your Visual Studio through Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio -> Change -> Repair.

Is this problem occurs after installing your Visual Studio 2012 or after using for a while? If after installing, please repair with above steps. If after using for a while, please check whether installed any updates and extension packages before this problem occurs. Please uninstall the installed updates and extension packages one by one to confirm which one causes this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:32 AM