how to xaml objects without sender RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to create a xaml object in a function that is not directly called by some event action on screen. Most functions have a (sender, args) but this doesnt.

How can I gain access to the xaml object so that I then get access to the xaml things under that main canvas? 

This is this code on the html side

<div id="SilverlightControlHost">

<asp:Xaml ID="sl" runat="server" Width="800" Height="800" XamlUrl="~/Scene.xaml"></asp:Xaml>

</div>

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• here is what I tried

var sl = document.getElementById("sl"); // this is the XAML object in the div

var c = sl.content.findName("c1"); // this is a canvas inside the XAML (its not the main canvas)

var cc = c.content.createFromXaml('<TextBlock Text=""BLAH"" Canvas.Top=""50"" />');

c.children.Add(cc);

I keep getting an unspecified error on the var cc = c.content line. 

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:42 AM
  • some further digging.

Main is the correct control and

Var c is equal to the correct canvas that I want to put the objects into.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:12 PM
  •  

new code, getting a different error.

var c = Main.findName("c1");

var c1 = c.getHost();

var cc = c1.content.createFromXaml('<TextBlock xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" x:Name="$tb" width="100" height="30" Text="BLAH" Canvas.Top="50" />');

c.children.Add(cc);

error is AG_E_RUNTIME_METHOD: CreateFromXaml

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:15 PM
  • I think, createFromXaml() needs 2 params, your string, and then either a true or false value I believed used for async.

var cc = c1.content.createFromXaml('<TextBlock xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" x:Name="$tb" width="100" height="30" Text="BLAH" Canvas.Top="50" />', false);

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:04 PM
  • Darn, that didnt help. still getting the the runtime error on the create command.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:57 PM
  • Friday, January 18, 2008 2:50 AM