none
Current Events View RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, Basically, I'm looking for a way to display in a standard list view, todays events including todays recurrences.  Everything I have tried, except daily calendar view does not work.  They show future events.  (I created a Calendar list to display only todays events with its own web part. The Current Events view displays today and everything after.  I need it to display only todays events.  Modifying or creating new views from Current Events view produces undesired results, or any view for that matter.  If I could modify the Current Events view (it handles recurrences) in Designer or Studio, that might be good.  Any suggestions on how i should proceed:  current events view, event content type, recurrences, web parts, etc.?)  Thanks.
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:18 PM

Answers

• I created a web part in Visual Studio to manage the dates and recurrences.  It seems to be working fine displaying only todays events. 

Friday, March 21, 2008 12:58 PM

All replies

• Just a side note. Microsoft Absence and Vacation Schedule template is showing future events as well. No good. (Microsoft Absence and Vacation Schedule template has a recurrence field in the views, but there is no place to enter recurrence.  If someone new the steps to place recurrence in 'new' input form, that may be good.    Beware if you add recurrence to this list, that it still shows only current day and not feature events.)  Thanks again.

Friday, February 15, 2008 1:37 PM
  • I created a web part in Visual Studio to manage the dates and recurrences.  It seems to be working fine displaying only todays events. 

Friday, March 21, 2008 12:58 PM