Deleting Layers RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a complete novice.  I opened Expression Design 2 for the first time today.  I'm coming to Expression from the Adobe world.  Now - the most basic of questions: I imported a layered AI file (cool) everything worked out.  Now I'm trying to get rid of all the layers that came with the AI file.  How do I delete them?  I am unable to drag them to the garbage pail.  I can't 'select" them and then hit the 'delete' key.  This has got to be a simple task - but I'm stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, April 3, 2009 7:28 PM

All replies

• Ilaferte,

Just select the layer you want to delete in the Layers palette.  It will be outlined with the layer color when selected and then click the 'garbage pail'.  It only allows 'dragging' the layers to change relative position in the list. 

Regards,
    ~Fred
    • Proposed as answer by Fred C_ Saturday, April 4, 2009 12:40 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2009 11:49 PM
  • Welcome to our forums, llaferte! Fred answered your question already (thanks, Fred!) so I'll just point you to my Bookmarks section, which is a part of the forums here, where I've listed Design resources. Hopefully they will be helpful to you while learning Expression Design. There are people here who love to answer questions so fire away when you need help.

I look forward to seeing you around here.
    Annie
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 7:30 PM
  • Thank you both.  I will try to get back at this today.  I appreciate your help.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:26 PM