none
Streaming Broadcast live camera RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I premise that I am very noob on this argument;
    I should develop an application that receives in input a stream (live) of data from any video camera and shows many connected users on the browser without bandwidth problems.My idea was to have a thread that reads the data stream continuously and saves it (I don't know how); then develop a webservice rest (with which to hook the src of my video tags) that read from the saved data.
    is this a wrong way?

thanks

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Webcom-tlc,

Thank you for posting here.

I want to know what your current project is. It is best for you to give the related code about your problem.

We are waiting for your update.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:59 AM
  • This is not an easy thing to do.  There are a number of commercial applications that do this (like Adobe Media Server and Adobe Media Live Encoder), but most of them cost money because the job is difficult. 

You can't just save the video to disk if you want a live stream.  You'll need to compress the video and send it out immediately and continuously.  You'll need to manage many different connections, each of which will have slightly different timing.  And there are always bandwidth problems with video.  Remember that each browser connection is point-to-point; you can't do broadcasting.  You have to send the video frames to each connection separately.

You might do some reading about RTSP to see how it integrates in HTML5.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Thanks for the answers, I hope I understand.
    I receive a stream with rtmp protocol,
    should I decode it, are there libraries for this?
    then I have to somehow save and make them available for stream to clients via http protocol, this requires other libraries I imagine. Thank you.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 6:04 AM