none
Visual Studio Will Not Let Me Change Developer Account

Question

• I entered the wrong username and password information into the dialog box when trying to create app packages for the Windows Store. Visual Studio then tells me that something is wrong and that it needs to verify the account by sending an email to the email address. Fine, except that this is not y email address.

I just want to use a different account, but Visual Studio keeps asking me to verify this account. Even if I restart my computer, Visual Studio asks me to verify the account by entering a code. It never shows me any method of entering a different account.

Here is the box that VS keeps showing:

My question is this; how can I get rid of this and enter different account information?

Thanks.

Dave

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:39 PM

Answers

• Clearing my Internet Explorer cache fixed this. Funny since I never use IE for anything on purpose.

MS, please add a button to change credentials in this and most other dialog boxes of this sort. It's a simple thing that should never have been left off.

Dave

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:19 PM

All replies

• Clearing my Internet Explorer cache fixed this. Funny since I never use IE for anything on purpose.

MS, please add a button to change credentials in this and most other dialog boxes of this sort. It's a simple thing that should never have been left off.

Dave

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:19 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to see you ran into this issue, but thanks for the post and for providing your resolution. Your feedback regarding an ability to change credentials is also very much appreciated.

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:17 PM
  • In my experience, entering the wrong account can also be fixed by simply EXITING visual studio, then re-running it.

-Rob

-Rob

Friday, February 14, 2014 3:16 PM