none
MS-FSSHTTP implementation example RRS feed

• Question

• I am implementing MS-WOPI host with MS-WOPI client being Office Web Apps. I want to provide Word editing functionality and need to implement MS-FSSHTTP protocol. 

I read the documentation http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd943623(v=office.12).aspx and 

I also tried to fined some examples, but didn't get the success.

Could you please provide a simple example of MS-FSSHTTP implementation?

Best regards,

Naumenko Yulia

• Moved by George Hua Monday, May 26, 2014 3:32 AM move to the related forum
    Friday, May 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Yulia,

Since the question is related to MS-FSSHTTP protocol on SharePoint server, I have moved this thread to SharePoint Server Protocols forum for more effective responses.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 26, 2014 3:31 AM
  • Yulia,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Monday, May 26, 2014 4:35 AM
  • Hi George,

Maybe I should clarify my question - 
    I implemented a custom Wopi Server in C#.
    So, I need example of FSSHTTP implementation without SharePoint.

Thank you for the fast reply.

Best regards,
    Naumenko Yulia

Monday, May 26, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Hi Yulia, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:55 PM
  • Hi Yulia, There is not any sample code for implementing the FSSHTTP protocols at this time. However, a beta version of the FSSHTTP test suite will be released at the Interoperability Plugfest next month. Please see the following link for more information about the plugfest.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d80b82c3-254f-43e8-9b12-064b26d8bf67/microsoft-redmond-interoperability-plugfest-2014

The registration page can be found here: https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032581419&Culture=en-US&community=1

There will be several talks given on the FSSHTTP protocols and experts will be on hand to answer any questions that you might have. You will also be able to take a copy of the test suite with you after the event. The test suites are designed to simulate a client application communicating with a server implementation of a specific protocol. Because of that, it is a good source of example source code for writing your own client application.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Monday, June 2, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Hi Josh,

Thank you for reply,

Unfortunately, I won't able to visit the conference because I'm in Ukraine... 
    I need to implement this feature as soon as possible, because my clients cannot wait.

I tried to use Microsoft.CobaltCore.dll. And I found the way how to view the decoded objects from OWA, but now I have a problem with generating response back to OWA client according to FSSHTTP protocol.

If it's possible could you please provide some documentation how to use Microsoft.CobaltCore.dll?

Thank you in advance,

Yulia

Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Hi Yulia, the Microsoft.CobaltCore assembly, and .NET assemblies in general, are not supported under the Open Specifications.

I would suggest posting a question to the Developing Apps for SharePoint 2013 forum to get more information on how to use it.

Friday, June 6, 2014 5:40 PM