WorkFlow Auto CleanUp job creating the issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I stuck up in one issue, i dont know what i have to do. here is the deatils.

We have a web application with more then 500 sites, we have 5 content Dbs for all sites. One day we come up with issue all sites in that web application stopped working, then we check with DBA and come to know the Workflow auto clean job created a deadlock on the one of the content DBs which casue a app pool crashed. then we run  few sql querry and found one site collection's list having more then 60,000 workflows(mail workflow) and job trying to clean it but failed.

on top of your head, if some one see this situation? I think these are the orphan workflows, is their any steps to delete these orphans workflows or is their any way we delete these workflows?

thanks

WS 

SharePoint administrator, MCTS,MCITP
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 11, 2011 9:19 PM workflow related (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, February 11, 2011 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hey WS,

Believe me when I say this is Not an easy problem to fix.  If there are no problems removing ALL the running workflows you can do this -> go the List Setting-->Workflow Setting--> Click the remove workflow link there, this will remove ALL running workflows to include the orphaned ones.  Unfortunately there isn't a OOTB way to remove just orphaned workflows.

I hope that helps!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, February 21, 2011 3:34 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:21 PM