InfoPath Repeating Table submit to SharePoint List RRS feed

• Question

• I have an infopath form that I've created for expensed that has 2 repating tables that I've added custom code with CAML XML receive data connections and UpdateListItems Submit connections to allow for the data to be submitted to 2 custom lists but the data isn't appearing and I'm not getting any errors. The code is linked to the submit button and the form was succesfully published and deployed to my MOSS 2007 server and the form submits all of the non-repeating tabke data to the main data connection (a sharepoint library) but the other data doesn't get entered into the custom tables.

Is there some way to trace the InfoPath functionality to ensure that the code is being executed, and if so, to diagnose any issues?

I used the method provided here in order to Submit repeating tables to s SharePoint list:

http://www.bizsupportonline.net/infopath2007/how-to-submit-items-rows-repeating-table-infopath-sharepoint-list.htm

The reason I need the data is to generate reports using the rows in the repeating forms, maybe there's a better way to traverse the list without having to use extra tables but I don't know of one. If there is I would appreciate any help in being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vetts360,

Please try the solution in this blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/infopath/archive/2007/03/26/submitting-to-a-sharepoint-list.aspx). I had tested it, and it works as expected.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 22, 2011 3:03 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 9:16 AM
  • That says it's for 2010, but I'll try it. Thanks for the reply. I'll update once I test it.

Vetts

Friday, April 15, 2011 4:01 PM
  • IT doesn't say it's for 2010 - the article was written in early 2007. The site you referenced actually has an article showing 5 methods to do this: 5 Ways to submit an InfoPath form to a SharePoint list - InfoPath ... 
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 22, 2011 3:03 AM
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Kindly I need your help in this  , I have a forms library at SP 2007 with infopath form that has a repeating table , what I need is when a form is submited to SP the event handler on the form libary to read the data from the repeating table at the form and fill it in alist at SP.

any help is apperciated

Thanks

My Email is : leanhit@yahoo.com

Monday, September 3, 2012 8:18 PM
  • IT doesn't say it's for 2010 - the article was written in early 2007. The site you referenced actually has an article showing 5 methods to do this: 5 Ways to submit an InfoPath form to a SharePoint list - InfoPath ... 
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force

Hi Clayton,

Please provide the answer for my query.

I had written a xml file as

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Batch OnError="Continue">
        <Method ID="1" Cmd="New">
            <Field Name='Title'></Field>
            <Field Name="FirstName"></Field>
            <Field Name="LastName"></Field>
            <Field Name="Email"></Field>
            <Field Name="Phone"></Field>
        </Method>
    </Batch>

When using the xml file i am getting the output as below..

But i need the output as

How to achive this ? What should be changed in the xml file please let me know?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Anil 

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Hi,I got the same problem as you said in sharepoint 2010.Can you tell me how did you solve it?

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by anilreddyindia Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by anilreddyindia Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:26 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:35 AM
  • i used sharepoint list template  to solve this...

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:26 PM
  • Please can you copy/past the list template xml that you changed for vertical output!
    Friday, September 6, 2013 9:16 AM
  • yes I have tested this solution and it works when my IP 2013 form is run from my desktop.  It is able to add multiple items from the form into the hosted list on office 365 site.

however, when I try to publish the same form into a forms library (or a site content type) on the same site.  it complains that the form can not submit.  It is having an error with the web service.

the security setting of the form is set to be "Automatic".

can someone pls. tell me how I can still make the call to Lists.asmx?

Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:50 PM