Document Library Rogue View(?) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a document library in sp 2007.  I have a custom display form in a competely different list that also contains dvwp's that display related files from this library.  When I go into the list of views for my document library, there is a view in there that points back to my custom form from a different list.

Please Click here to view image.

As you can see from the above pitcure, the path to this view page is directed to a different list.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix this?  It is confusing to the users to see a view that points back to a custom form from a different list.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Tim

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 4, 2011 2:15 PM Trailing ... in Title deleted. Nothing but trying to attract attention to post. Do not do this.
    • Edited by SPA-TMF Friday, February 4, 2011 2:40 PM update image
    Friday, February 4, 2011 11:35 AM

All replies

• The image still doesn't work.

In any case think about people with slow lines and do not include images in your posts. Instead include only the URL that leads to the image (which needs to be on a publically accessible site). Then only people who want to see it need access the image.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks to share your post.

For the issue, do you mean that in the image, the view name doesn’t synchronize to the web address of this view? If yes, it should be the output error, or the back front code has been change by some operation. My suggestion is to open this site in the SharePoint designer, check the back front code; you may change the web address link into the correct link in the code view.

If it still doesn’t work, please post it in this forum.

Thanks!

Leo

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, March 14, 2011 1:11 PM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Thank you for your help on this.  I am including some additional information regarding this issue for clarity:

Custom List has 2 content type associated with it:

• Consideration
    • Proposal

This list has custom display form that contains a dvwp to a document library.  Teh dvwp displays files taht have been uploaded and are associated with the list record. This dvwp also has a custom link that allow for you to upload to that same document library.

Issue:

When ever I create a new display form, a rogue view is created in the libraries view drop down that points back to the custom list-custom display form.  This is very odd behavior and is causing issues because of the non-valid views being created.

Thank you for any further thoughts you may have.

Sicnerely,

Tim

Monday, March 14, 2011 1:06 PM