ADO.Net data services in BizTalk 2006 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Will there be support to consume and expose ADO.Net data services in BizTalk 2006 R2?  (Not Oslo...) 

Thanks

John Shaw

Thursday, April 3, 2008 12:38 AM

Answers

• At present we dont have anything planned here for V1 beyond having the core types available in the .NET Framework.  What would you like to see?

Friday, April 4, 2008 8:02 PM

All replies

• At present we dont have anything planned here for V1 beyond having the core types available in the .NET Framework.  What would you like to see?

Friday, April 4, 2008 8:02 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I specialize in BizTalk and it would be useful to demonstrate how we can expose LOB systems such as JD Edwards, SIEBEL and SAP using RESTFul interfaces to clients.  I know that Jon Flanders did an example of a WCF 3.5 WebGet REST interface but this didn't use the ADO.Net DS infrastructure. 

If we had a tool that could point to a LOB system such as SIEBEL and harvest the metadata into resource based operations this would be very useful.  These business objects could then be exposed to client applications like any other datasource.  The only difference is that BizTalk would handle the interaction with the backend LOB.

Similarly, I would also like to consume an ADO.Net Data Service within a BizTalk orchestration.

Thanks

John

Monday, April 7, 2008 2:33 AM