How to display label, wait 10 seconds and then redirect to aspx page? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I have a registration page which takes user input data. After pressing submit button and form sent, it will display a label under the submit form to say "you are registered successfully".

And then, it will stay for 10 seconds and redirect to another aspx page.

I do not know how to write the code to hold the page for 10 seconds.

I use C#

Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:25 AM

Answers

• Just a usability suggestion ... can you redirect the user immediately to the landing page with an obvious "You are registered successfully" label, or otherwise make it clear that they are registered? ("Welcome, Fred!") Maybe there's a popular site doing something similar to what you are doing (Amazon, this forum, etc.), and copy their behavior. I only say that because I, personally, get annoyed by arbitary wait times in an application. (What's going on? Is it stuck? How long do I have to wait? I've already read the message, I want a "continue" button.)
    • Marked as answer by Tommy2008 Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:34 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:30 PM

All replies

• You need some kind of javascript. If you are using ASP.Net, ask your questions on forums.asp.net for more information.
    MSMVP VC++
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:58 AM
  • You cannot do this with C#.
    Look for javascript timeout in google and you will find plenty of info.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they answered your question :)
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:57 AM
  • Just a usability suggestion ... can you redirect the user immediately to the landing page with an obvious "You are registered successfully" label, or otherwise make it clear that they are registered? ("Welcome, Fred!") Maybe there's a popular site doing something similar to what you are doing (Amazon, this forum, etc.), and copy their behavior. I only say that because I, personally, get annoyed by arbitary wait times in an application. (What's going on? Is it stuck? How long do I have to wait? I've already read the message, I want a "continue" button.)
    • Marked as answer by Tommy2008 Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:34 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:30 PM
  • Hi Tommy,

1st try to avoid such features in your development.

If it is required by the customer than you can implement it through Java Script.

Find help on JavaScript on www.w3schools.com/

Thanks

Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:58 AM