none
fmerge file list customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know how to customize the list of files that fmerge.exe preocesses.

Basically I need to overwrite some files in platform.reg and I cannot do it in project.reg because is processed first.

Regards

Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:42 PM

Answers

• To achieve what you need you can simply create a dummy (with no source code) project in the OS design: PBUserProjecs.reg (the file which includes the registry entries for the various user projects) is always the last item processed by fmerge (search for 'fmerge -reg' in makeimg output and you will see the actual command line) so in your dummy project .reg file you can overwrite (and also delete) all the other registry entries coming from common, platform, projects in the public tree etc.

For some reasons MSFT never changed the processing order so that project.reg is processed after platform.reg as it would be logical

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by PeDw Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:09 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Thank you for the answer.

My problem is I build everything from command line and I cannot add relative references in my OSDesign.pbxml. Probably as a quick hack I will use a VBScript/MSXML to "inject" the full path of the dummy project you just mentioned into *.pbxml and then build.

• Marked as answer by PeDw Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:08 PM
    • Edited by PeDw Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hi!

I don't know how to customize of fmerge.exe's process .

As an alternative method, adding reg data with new original environment variable and IF-ELSE directive in platform.reg files.

Then, before your project builds, set a new original environment variable at project's property.

refer following codes.

IF XXX_ORG_ENV_VAL

; add your new reg data

ELSE

; existed reg data

ENDIF XXX_ORG_ENV_VAL

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:12 AM
  • To achieve what you need you can simply create a dummy (with no source code) project in the OS design: PBUserProjecs.reg (the file which includes the registry entries for the various user projects) is always the last item processed by fmerge (search for 'fmerge -reg' in makeimg output and you will see the actual command line) so in your dummy project .reg file you can overwrite (and also delete) all the other registry entries coming from common, platform, projects in the public tree etc.

For some reasons MSFT never changed the processing order so that project.reg is processed after platform.reg as it would be logical

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by PeDw Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:09 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Thank you for the answer.

My problem is I build everything from command line and I cannot add relative references in my OSDesign.pbxml. Probably as a quick hack I will use a VBScript/MSXML to "inject" the full path of the dummy project you just mentioned into *.pbxml and then build.

• Marked as answer by PeDw Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:08 PM
    • Edited by PeDw Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:07 PM