Setting the IAP genre via the API RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to submit/commit all IAP data via the Windows Store API.

I can submit all the data via the API, except the genre. Because of the missing genre I can't commit the IAP.

Is there any way to set this? I couldn't find it anywhere in the documentation.

Friday, July 7, 2017 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi NielsMeijer,

You might create an add-on first and set the value of productType ("Durable" or "Consumable"). And here is the document for reference:  Create an add-on.

After that you could Create an add-on submission and Commit an add-on submission.

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by NielsMeijer Tuesday, July 11, 2017 8:11 AM
    Monday, July 10, 2017 10:24 AM
  • Hi Annievia,

I've already managed to create the IAP, set the price tier, name and description via the API. However, to submit an IAP to the store a genre also needs to be set. This seems to be why whenever I try to commit an IAP via the API it fails.

So is it possible to set the genre via the API, or will I always need to do this by hand?

Kind regards,

Niels Meijer

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 8:10 AM
  • Hi Niels,

Sincerely sorry for the delay reply.

>>So is it possible to set the genre via the API, or will I always need to do this by hand?

It is fine to use the API.

Developers can use some methods to get, create, update, commit, or delete an add-on submission. But before using these methods, the add-on must already exist in your Dev Center account (you could refer to Manage add-on submissions). This means the add-on itself is needed first before the add-on submission.

You might create an add-on in the dashboard by defining its product type and product ID or by using the Windows Store submission API methods described in Manage add-ons.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:24 AM