none
Windows 8 Keyboard errors RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell XPS 9100 (1 year old) that has a problem with the keyboard after installing Win 8. The number line on the keyboard generates letters instead of numbers, both with and without the shift key. I tried multiple vendors keyboards (Logitech, Microsoft, Dell, HP). Is there some sort of an issue with the keyboard driver?

I rolled back to Windows 7 for now.

Friday, October 26, 2012 10:05 PM

All replies

• I have a Dell XPS 9100 (1 year old) that has a problem with the keyboard after installing Win 8. The number line on the keyboard generates letters instead of numbers, both with and without the shift key. I tried multiple vendors keyboards (Logitech, Microsoft, Dell, HP). Is there some sort of an issue with the keyboard driver?

I rolled back to Windows 7 for now.

Doing the same for me when I use the desk top. Any fixes?
    Friday, October 26, 2012 10:19 PM
  • No, I just posted this. I tried the drivers for the keyboard, different keyboards, updates, but it appears to be a bug. Since the keyboard works with win 7, it is a win 8 idiosyncrancy.  Hopefully, MS will fix it. This appears to be wider issue than just us. Thank you for responding.

Tom Thomas

Friday, October 26, 2012 10:32 PM
  • Another one with keyboard issues. I have an HP Touchsmart 600. The wireless HP keyboard quit after I installed Win8 updates, so I tried a Logitech wired keyboard I have, and no go with that either. Both keyboards worked under Win7. When I did some digging in the device manager, it said there were issues in the registry and that the installation of the drivers was faulty. I tried deleting the keyboards from the device manager, removing the connections, and then rebooting and plugging back in. Same error. What now?
    • Proposed as answer by howhim Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:18 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by howhim Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:18 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:45 AM
  • Try uninstalling Constant Guard (Comcast security program).  That's what did it for me.  I found this suggestion from another forum.  I've, also placed this issue on Comcast's site. Hopefully, they resolve this issue.  I didn't even know I had Constant Guard installed, so no biggie uninstalling it.

Sorry Microsoft, I was blaming it on a glitch in Windows 8.  I was wrong.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:20 AM
  • Outstanding! Glad to hear that was the issue, I will try to reinstall again, and see if I can test this. Thank you so much for the post!

Regards,

TT

Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Disable "Anti-Keylogging" protection under options in Constant Guard if you have it.
    Friday, November 16, 2012 5:03 PM