none
loader showing issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have outlook add-in for store mail content to web server through web service. But this take time for upload data, this time i need to show a loader. I just implement a loader with threading . But in windows 8 with outlook 2010 its cause outlook restarting....

Please help me how to show a loader in web service running time

Friday, August 14, 2015 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hello Anish,

Do you develop a VSTO based add-in?

Friday, August 14, 2015 10:37 AM
  • Yes, i had VSTO based add-in
    Monday, August 17, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Hi Anish,

What did 'loader' mean? I suggest that you create separate application for testing whether the issue was caused by the code.

If the issue only exits in Outlook add-in, would you mind sharing the code snippet to help us reproduce this issue?

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:30 AM
  • Hi all,

Thank you for your's support. I fixed that issue using backgroundWorker property of windows form.

I need to time for searching outlook contact, that time i want to show a spinning image in that form. When we complete the search, hide that image and showing the search results. 

This issue fixed through using backgroundWorker . Is it correct ?

I already told the issue Outlook is restarting in windows 8 related to thread issue.  In previous build i just implement above scenario using thread , but i read outlook object model is STA. So i just avoid the thread and implement  backgroundWorker 

Monday, August 17, 2015 7:21 AM
  • Hi Anish Chandran,

>>This issue fixed through using backgroundWorker . Is it correct ?<<

It depends on how you were developing with thread.

You can get more detail about the difference between thread and backgroundWorker:

Difference between Thread, ThreadPool & BackgroundWorker c#

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:03 AM