none
[Windows 8.1/ Windows 8.1 RT/ Windows 8.1 Phone] Microsoft Sync Framework device support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to create a project where the client applications on various devices need to be able to synchronize the local database and files. At first sight Microsoft Sync Framework (website)  seems perfect, it got all the features I needed (online/offline database and file synchronization) but when I started to do some research people and forums told me that windows 8.1 RT and Windows Phone aren't supported and it does not work on those devices.

I need to work with the following devices:

• Windows 8.1 - PC/Desktop
    • Windows 8.1 RT - ARM Surface tablet
    • Windows 8.1 Phone - windows smartphone

We would like to create a C# windows store app client for all the devices

Questions:

• Are there some of you that can confirm that Microsoft Sync Framework doesn't / does work on Windows 8.1 RT / Windows 8.1 Phone ?
    • In case it turns out that Microsoft Sync Framework doesn't work on Windows 8.1 RT / Windows 8.1 Phone , is Microsoft planning to make Microsoft Sync Framework compatible with Windows 8.1 RT / Windows 8.1 Phone in the (near) future ?

Greetings,

JelteV

• Edited by JelteV Friday, April 25, 2014 7:14 AM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 7:04 AM

Answers

• Hi JelteV,

This thread is related to Microsoft Sync Framework. So please post thread on SyncFx forum for more effective response. Thank you for understanding. Please refer to the following link. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=syncdevdiscussions.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by JelteV Monday, April 28, 2014 11:45 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 1:32 AM