Delay activity inside Pick activity does not work as expected RRS feed

• Question

• I created a workflow/wcf service for testing, it has a "while" activity, and a "pick" inside. the "while" 's condition use a integer "cont"(cont=1 will continue). The "pick" has 2 brances, one is delay with time of 1 hour, and the action is "invoke". other is receive, with action "sendreply". When delay timeup, it will send notify email(or insert a row into sql table). when receive receive a stop request, the workflow stops. I use the sql store to persisitance.
    When I test it in my develop machine, it work fine. But when I upload to my hosting server in godaddy, no notify email send out. If I send a stop request, then 1 notify email will be send at the time stop request was send to server and workflow stops. Looks like workflow is partial working, it blocks in the sending email step and send email when receive a stop request.

Is this a server configuration problem?

Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is probably the application pool recycled on the server. There is no IIS work process on IIS server until it received a request. To resolve this issue, you can host your workflow service with Windows Server App Fabric. The WorkflowManagement Service  comes with App Fabric will restart the workflows after a recycle.

How to: Host a Workflow Service with Windows Server App Fabric

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb412182(v=VS.90).aspx

Hope this information helps, thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by LeoTang Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by LeoTang Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:09 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:27 AM