DTM Client ("ready" status) problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are having problem due to setiing DTM Client machine into "Ready" status.

Everything was fine till unexpected crash/turnoff of our DTM Server machine, then after restoring a backup setup from Ghost image of DTM Server, and after setting up a totally fresh client machine installation here what happens:

1. No machine in 'default pool' is availible in DTM Studio on DTMServer ( time of waiting ab 1hour)

2. DTM Server restart

3. Client machine shows in 'default pool'

4. Creating my_pool in DTM Studio

5. Changing client machine status to "Reset"

6. After ab 30 minutes it goes to "Debug" status

I have tried Troubleshooting DTM Client Issues without success.

Once i go to View -> Errors in DTM Studio here what is displayed:

Error Message: *Resource is put to debug state because ResourceReset failed

Resolution:       *The machine was put in debug state because machine reset failed. 

Inner Error Msg: *Message was rejected by the client

Resolution:       *The controller was unable to deliver the message. Look at the inner errors for more details. 

Please help.

Wojciech Modzelewski

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I solved problem by totally new setup of testing environment.

However Ive foud some interesting logs due to previous and current installation. Everything was fine till the reboot of DTM Server machine which suprisingly went into Debug mode itself after reboot. 

Here is the log dump (DTMService.log):

1204 1208 2011:10:6 11:18:42:218 $PlainLog:file="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Driver Test Manager\Controller\WTTSystemLogs\",encoding=UNICODE,Shared=true,verbose=true  

1204 1244 2011:10:6 11:18:43:421 ServiceExtension: Loaded extension ResultLogExtension  

1204 1244 2011:10:6 11:18:43:421 ServiceExtension: Loaded extension DeviceDatabaseExtension  

1204 1244 2011:10:6 11:19:5:171 ERROR: DeviceDatabaseExtension: System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()     at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.DeviceSelection.DeviceDatabaseExtension.SetGathererSummaries()     at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.DeviceSelection.DeviceDatabaseExtension.Start(ServiceExtension creator, XmlNode taskNode)  .......... 

1204 1304 2011:10:6 11:19:5:796 ERROR: ResultLogExtension: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) ...........

What I did was to firstly change way below services are started from Automatic to Automatic Delayed Start :

• DTMService
    • FtsSvc
    • wlksvc
    • WTTNotification
    • WTTResultRelayAgent

Possible cause of this error is that some of those services are trying to connect to the database after starting machine, but sqlservice is not up yet.

Then I added some roles and features in Windows Server Manager like:

• TCP Port Sharing
    • Web Server IIS Support
    • TCP Activation
    • .Net Framework 3.5.1

and some similar 'features'.

Now DTM server and client works fine.

Hope it may help someone.

BR

Wojciech Modzelewski

Friday, October 7, 2011 9:59 AM

All replies

•  Hello Wojciech Modzelewski

Please  change the  client machine State from Debug to Manual and then to Reset.

Note: sure that the services on the client machine wlksvc is  running.

Incase of any other queries, let us know.

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:help@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

Thank You for quick reply.

The WLKSvc.exe service is running of course on the client machine, ping is working, all firewalls are totally off.

I have changed status to Manual and then to Reset as You suggested,  below message appears:

" Failed to reset machine 'MyMachineName' since it has not had a heart beat for at least '30' minutes."

Appreciate Your support

WM

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:50 PM
  • Please  Delete  the client machine and refresh the device Console Window. Now you will see the client machine in the Default Machine pool. Drag and drop it the Pool you have created and try to change the Status of the machine to Reset.

This Should solve your problem.

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team 

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:help@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Ive followed Your advice, but still no machine appeared in Default Pool.

Then restartet both client and dtm server - still i cant see my machine in default pool.

I also resterted manually WLKSvc service on Client Machine, and this message showed up:

"Windows could not stop the WLKSvc service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fasion"

Second time service restarted correctly. But situation is still the same, so i restarted both client and server once again but still i cant see my machines after previous delete.

Please help.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:32 PM
  • Hello

The Only possible  option now that seems to work is , Please  Uninstall the DTM client software from the Client Machine [ Test machine]. Restart the machine and again install the DTM Client software.

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:18 AM
  • Hi,

I solved problem by totally new setup of testing environment.

However Ive foud some interesting logs due to previous and current installation. Everything was fine till the reboot of DTM Server machine which suprisingly went into Debug mode itself after reboot. 

Here is the log dump (DTMService.log):

1204 1208 2011:10:6 11:18:42:218 $PlainLog:file="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Driver Test Manager\Controller\WTTSystemLogs\",encoding=UNICODE,Shared=true,verbose=true  

1204 1244 2011:10:6 11:18:43:421 ServiceExtension: Loaded extension ResultLogExtension  

1204 1244 2011:10:6 11:18:43:421 ServiceExtension: Loaded extension DeviceDatabaseExtension  

1204 1244 2011:10:6 11:19:5:171 ERROR: DeviceDatabaseExtension: System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()     at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.DeviceSelection.DeviceDatabaseExtension.SetGathererSummaries()     at Microsoft.DistributedAutomation.DeviceSelection.DeviceDatabaseExtension.Start(ServiceExtension creator, XmlNode taskNode)  .......... 

1204 1304 2011:10:6 11:19:5:796 ERROR: ResultLogExtension: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) ...........

What I did was to firstly change way below services are started from Automatic to Automatic Delayed Start :

• DTMService
    • FtsSvc
    • wlksvc
    • WTTNotification
    • WTTResultRelayAgent

Possible cause of this error is that some of those services are trying to connect to the database after starting machine, but sqlservice is not up yet.

Then I added some roles and features in Windows Server Manager like:

• TCP Port Sharing
    • Web Server IIS Support
    • TCP Activation
    • .Net Framework 3.5.1

and some similar 'features'.

Now DTM server and client works fine.

Hope it may help someone.

BR

Wojciech Modzelewski

Friday, October 7, 2011 9:59 AM