Hybrid Runbook Worker RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

This is my first post in this community. Please let me know if I'm violating any rules, norms, or just completely posted this in the wrong place.

I'm trying to setup a Hybrid Runbook Worker on a Ubuntu VM running 18.04LTS. I've followed the guide "Deploy a Linux Hybrid Runbook Worker" and the installation appears to be successful. By this I mean that the VM shows up in Log Analytics as having a heartbeat. It also shows up in Azure Automation directly after installation. The issue I'm running into however, is with continued communication. By this I mean that the "Last Seen Time" stretches into days and I'm warned that the VM has disconnected despite the VMs "Heartbeat" still being detectable in Log Analytics.

Let me describe what I've done for what is hopefully additional clarity:

I've registered the VM with an Analytic account and verified it has a "Heartbeat". Next, I followed the guide on how to "Deploy a Linux Hybrid Runbook Worker".

After this, a new Hybrid Worker Group shows up in my automation account (as expected). However, it seems that the VM is unable to reach azure from that point forward. The "Last Seen Time" is never updated and an error message is displayed indicating that the worker is "disconnected", and I'm advised that I should reference the "Troubleshoot Windows update agent issues" article.

I'm having a bit of trouble making sense of things after that (partially because that article references Windows too lol), so truthfully I guess I'm just asking for some pointers? Any advise or help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• Edited by Quip16 Friday, July 3, 2020 1:40 AM Typos and additional clarification
    Friday, July 3, 2020 12:03 AM

Answers

• This forum is for the Small Basic programing language.

Your problem seems to be about something else, I don't know which forum you should use.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Friday, July 3, 2020 9:50 AM
    Answerer