LightSwitch Publish to Azure: remove HTMLClient folder RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible when deploying to Windows Azure to have the application deployed directly into the root folder of my Azure Website? I'd like to access my LightSwitch application directly from "mywebsite.azurewebsites.com" rather than "mywebsite.azurewebsites.com/HTMLClient"

Thanks!

Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that there is a default default location, this publishes the application to a Publish subdirectory in your project directory,

Best regards

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Guy Godin,

Do you mean Publishing from Source Control to Windows Azure Web Sites? As I am not an expert in it and I come across the article today.

Publishing from Source Control to Windows Azure Web Sites

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/publishing-with-git/#Step3

Hope it helps.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:10 AM
  • No I mean when I publish my LightSwitch application from Visual Studio to Azure (or even to an IIS Server) there's always a "HTMLClient" folder that is created. I was wondering if there's a way to avoid having this "HTMLClient" as part of the URL.

Monday, August 19, 2013 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that there is a default default location, this publishes the application to a Publish subdirectory in your project directory,

Best regards

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:50 AM
  • Hi Yunjie,

Can you explain what you mean; are you saying that this can be changed or we're stuck with always publishing to a subfolder? If it can be changed, where is this setting?

Thanks

Saturday, August 29, 2015 10:09 PM