Xamarin Forms NuGet Package Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I hope this is an easy one and someone can help me but I'm trying to install the NuGet package for "WindowsAzure.Storage" on the Xamarin.Forms PCL project and I'm getting the following error ... 

Could not install package 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation 4.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile111', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

... I'm a bit unsure as to how I correct this.  Can anyone help?  I'm sure this is an easy one but I'm not overly experienced in this area.  Many thanks.

Brad

• Edited by Brad_302 Monday, January 15, 2018 10:41 PM Additional Info
    Monday, January 15, 2018 10:38 PM

Answers

• Thanks E-John, the article didn't help completely but it gave me the idea of separately installing the NuGet package it was complaining about and low and behold, it's now all there.

Not sure if it will work but that will be the next test.

Brad

• Marked as answer by Brad_302 Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Brad,

You could refer to this article

https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/3258

Thanks and regards,

E-John

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:42 AM
  • Thanks E-John, the article didn't help completely but it gave me the idea of separately installing the NuGet package it was complaining about and low and behold, it's now all there.

Not sure if it will work but that will be the next test.

Brad

• Marked as answer by Brad_302 Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:22 AM