none
Solution and project not in the solution directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I'm dealing with Visual Studio Shell as my standalone tool (not Visual Studio Integrated).
    I want to be able to have project inside the solution which are shared between solution.
    Thus this project is not inside the solution directory.

Adding one constraint, the reference to this project must not be an absolute path (in this case, I can move without problem the solution from one computer to another computer)
    I was thinking to have something like :

Project("{5C56550E-36F0-4449-8A19-605163737773}") = "SharedProject", "%SharedProject%\MyProject.Project", "{D5C8AF7A-82AC-4E31-9026-BFF7716E42C9}"
    EndProject

Which doesn't not seem to work

The stupide idea is to retrieve the filename from this relative path (%SharedProject%) and next continue like any project. But I didn't found any event or overwriting something to construct the full project filename according to the solution file (I think there is something at the solution level which concat the solution path and the project path since project path are relative...)

Of course, I don't know also how to add this project by code using such relative path :-(

Any idea or hint ?

Best regards,
    Frédéric

Friday, November 14, 2008 9:55 AM

Answers

• I can answer myself, it's working if I had set correctly (without typo error) the SharedProject as environment parameter...
    Friday, November 14, 2008 12:09 PM