none
How to set active document editable when userform is opened? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created userform, If I open userform,am unable to edit in the active document with the userform opened. For example: If we press ctrl+f,the find functionality dialog box will be displayed,by keeping that dialog box opened we can scroll,edit etc in the active document.How to do it? Now its like, if alert message is displayed,we can't to do anything in active document until we close that alert message. I don't need like that. I need to handle both userform and active document simultaneously.

Thanks in advance.

I tried vbmodeless option but,I tried it. When I click in the active document with userform opened,userform is become hidden.I want both active document and userform visible and editable. By using vbmodeless option I could move my cursor to active document without closing userform but as soon as I keep cursor in the active document the userform is not visible

• Edited by VidhyaRaju Saturday, December 20, 2014 12:06 PM
    Saturday, December 20, 2014 5:03 AM

Answers

• Hi VidhyaRaju,

Whis version is your Office application? I tested with Office 2007/2010/2013, for all of them, I can edit the active document with the userform opened. The way I tested is very simple, create a userform in the VBE, in the Document_Open event handler, show the userform in modeless mode.

By the way, when we press ctrl+f, only Word2007 or Word2003 will prompt a dialog box. Word 2010 or 2013 will open a TaskPane. If you're using Office 2003, I recommend that you upgrade your application to newer versions, because Microsoft has end the support for Office 2003.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by VidhyaRaju Monday, December 29, 2014 7:32 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2014 7:14 AM
  • May I know how did you create this userform? I tested with Word 2007, the userform is not hidden when I click in the active document.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by VidhyaRaju Monday, December 29, 2014 7:34 AM
    Monday, December 29, 2014 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi VidhyaRaju,

Whis version is your Office application? I tested with Office 2007/2010/2013, for all of them, I can edit the active document with the userform opened. The way I tested is very simple, create a userform in the VBE, in the Document_Open event handler, show the userform in modeless mode.

By the way, when we press ctrl+f, only Word2007 or Word2003 will prompt a dialog box. Word 2010 or 2013 will open a TaskPane. If you're using Office 2003, I recommend that you upgrade your application to newer versions, because Microsoft has end the support for Office 2003.

• Marked as answer by VidhyaRaju Monday, December 29, 2014 7:32 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2014 7:14 AM
  • Office 2007 - vbmodeless option makes userform to be hidden When I click in the active document.
    • Edited by VidhyaRaju Monday, December 22, 2014 11:59 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2014 7:29 AM
  • May I know how did you create this userform? I tested with Word 2007, the userform is not hidden when I click in the active document.

• Marked as answer by VidhyaRaju Monday, December 29, 2014 7:34 AM
    Monday, December 29, 2014 7:19 AM