Default Sharepoint lists GPO not working in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We set up a GPO to connect Outlook 2013 to our department calendar in Sharepoint Online, but the calendar doesn't show up in Outlook. We have the correct stssync URL and it works when a user clicks on the URL. It will prompt the user to add the calendar to Outook, and the calendar will appear under 'Other Calendars'. The same sstssync URL is set as the URL Value on the GPO, and the GPO is enabled. We followed the documented format for the values needed for the GPO:

If you enable this policy setting, you can provide a list of SharePoint list URLs in the following format:

Value name: SPsite1
    Value: SPsite1 stssync:// URL. See MS-STSSYN for documentation.

Running gpresult shows that the GPO is applied after running gpupdate, but still no Sharepoint calendar in Outlook. Any ideas how to get this working?

Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:34 AM

Answers

• Not sure how it got fixed but the GPO now works on our Windows 8 machines. Nothing was changed in the GPO settings, the calendar just appeared on its own in Outlook when I opened Outlook 2013 this morning. Go figure...
    • Marked as answer by KeithWasserman Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:08 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:08 PM

All replies

• UPDATE: It seems that this is an issue only with Windows 8.1, which does not accept the GPO settings. I tested the GPO with my account on a Windows 7 machine and the GPO is applied and the calendar appears in Outlook.
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:22 PM
  • Not sure how it got fixed but the GPO now works on our Windows 8 machines. Nothing was changed in the GPO settings, the calendar just appeared on its own in Outlook when I opened Outlook 2013 this morning. Go figure...
    • Marked as answer by KeithWasserman Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:08 PM
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Hi KeithWasserman,

Thanks for Sharing.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 24, 2015 3:01 PM
  • Hi Keith,

Can you recall if you must use 'SPsite1' or, was this (can this) be changed to Value Name: MySPSite20 and Value: MySPSite 20 stssyn://.... for example?

My GPO isnt applying either and I have used both SPsite1 and my own values.

Cheers!

David

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 7:04 AM