Incorrect Release notes after updating my app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I've recently released an update for my app which has since been certified.  I already received the email stating that the update is now in the store.  However, upon checking out the updated listing it seems the Release notes on the Details page are incorrect.  I'm assuming the Release notes section should contain whatever I wrote in the "Description of update" field on the Description page during the submission process but this is not the case.

Am I correct in assuming that Release notes is supposed to contain what I wrote in Description of update?  If this is correct then how can I go about getting this corrected without resubmitting my update and having to wait through the certification process again?

EDIT:  upon downloading the update it seems my app wasn't updated at all.  When I opened the store I got the "update" notification at top right but as I mentioned it didn't have the correct description and downloading it didn't change anything. I'm going to wait a day and see if this is still the case.  I hope not.

• Edited by kaka-koala Monday, January 7, 2013 3:20 AM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 3:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Quick update.  One day after getting the notification that my app update is available in the store I still cannot download or even see the updated version on my Surface.  I can however download the correct version from my desktop.  The thing that troubles me is that I've already received the "update available" notification on my Surface, and downloading it did not update my app (although this same procedure worked on desktop).  If my users have the same experience as me then they are not actually going to get my update.

Is there anyway of clearing the cache for the store app, like you would in a browser?  Is there something that could be preventing me from seeing my updated app in store?

Monday, January 7, 2013 9:46 PM
  • Yes, you can clear the Windows Store cache by searching for WSRESET and running that.

If you are still experiencing this issue please contact developer support.

-Eric

Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:46 AM