none
Can I install vb.net 2017 (just visual basic) on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was just wondering if I can install vb.net on my windows 7 laptop without any issues?  And if not can I run an app I developed using vb.net visual basic 2015 under my vb.net 2010 that I already have on my laptop?

Thanks in advance,

Les

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:31 PM

Answers

• Thank you Karen is it possible for you to direct to the free not trial version of vb?

Les

The Community Edition is free while the trial edition is to try out the Professional edition

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Les2011 Monday, October 1, 2018 8:00 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2018 7:59 PM
  • They are here

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/archives

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Les2011 Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:12 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2018 11:17 PM

All replies

• You can install VS2015 and VS2017 on a Windows laptop, I have both on my windows 7 laptop currently (same as on my Windows 10 laptop).

On Windows 7 you can do universal windows projects as they require a higher operation system but Windows Forms project and WPF are fine via VB.NET or C#.

In regards to a VS2015 under VS2010, not without a solid understanding of the differences between VS2010 and VS2015 or VS2017.

VB Forums - moderator

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:37 PM
  • Thank you Karen is it possible for you to direct to the free not trial version of vb?

Les

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:44 PM
  • Please find below is the link to download the Visual Studio 2017, community edition.

---------------------------

If this resolve your issues, mark it as answered.

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:58 PM

Les

The Community Edition is free while the trial edition is to try out the Professional edition

VB Forums - moderator

• Marked as answer by Les2011 Monday, October 1, 2018 8:00 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2018 7:59 PM
  • Thank you Karen I appreciate the help

Les

Monday, October 1, 2018 8:00 PM
  • Hi Karen,

I have a bit of a problem.  I installed the vs once and when I clicked on Launce the application it produced the following error:

.net Framework version 4.6 is not installed. Please reinstall or repair VS.

So I reinstalled it and got the same message???

Can you help me?

Thanks

LEs

Monday, October 1, 2018 9:43 PM
  • They are here

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/archives

VB Forums - moderator

• Marked as answer by Les2011 Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:12 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2018 11:17 PM
  • That did it thank you.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:11 PM