none
SecurityException in BizTalk Server 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting the below error, once I deployed my BizTalk solution into another Windows 2008 Server. What may be the issue? The difference I seeing between the system is IIS is not installed in the new machine.  Full permission enabled for the user. Verified in Registry.

Error:

xlang/s engine event log entry: Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service 'RouteMessages.RoutingOrchestration(a6d7329c-5830-d162-b6aa-2695ca318648)'.

The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated. 

If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.

InstanceId: 56a78a07-fd1d-4bfd-8f5c-201197d00396

Shape name: Get File Type

ShapeId: 014265f8-329e-4082-b620-aeba9aa2d4e5

Exception thrown from: segment 2, progress 13

Inner exception: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.

Exception type: SecurityException

Source: System

Target Site: Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey FindSourceRegistration(System.String, System.String, Boolean)

The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.VerifyAndCreateSource(String sourceName, String currentMachineName)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry(String message, EventLogEntryType type, Int32 eventID, Int16 category, Byte[] rawData)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry(String source, String message, EventLogEntryType type, Int32 eventID, Int16 category, Byte[] rawData)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry(String source, String message)

at A422_RouteMessages.RoutingOrchestration.segment2(StopConditions stopOn)

at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Note: I am able to write into Application logs from Console Application.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 5:47 AM

Answers

• Problem resolved. Event logs were running under NT Service\Network Service instead of NT Service\Local Service. Once I modified the registry values it worked. also, I installed IIS 

Thanks,

Lakshmi

• Marked as answer by Laxme Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hello Lakshmi,

There are several possibilities:

- Does the host-user have sufficient permissions to write to the event log? It could be for example that you are writing to the event log for debugging purposes (is done quite often during development) and that the user running the host does not have sufficient priviliges to do so. The user has to have sufficent access to the registry keys maintained for the event log.

- Do both servers have the same architecture (32bit vs 64bit). Keep in mind that 64bit servers have a different registry path (WOW = Windows On Windows)

Try debugging your orchestration with the orchestration debugger to see where exactly it goes wrong (which shape). That should give you a general idea on how to approach and fix the problem.

Good luck

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:33 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I have 4 host instances running and that user accounts are part of Administrators Group. Administrator has full permission for event logs, verified in Registry Values.

Both the servers are 64bit. The old Server is windows server 2008 R2 & the current server is Windows Server 2008.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:50 AM
  • Problem resolved. Event logs were running under NT Service\Network Service instead of NT Service\Local Service. Once I modified the registry values it worked. also, I installed IIS 

Thanks,

Lakshmi

• Marked as answer by Laxme Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:21 AM