Error 400 Bad Request when deploying application to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm trying to deploy a LightSwitch 2011 application to Windows Azure. I already created the Cloud Service, Storage Account and migrated the SQL Database (as it is an external db).

When I try to publish the application from Visual Studio 2010 to Windows Azure, the following error is prompted:

I'm quite new to LightSwitch and Azure, so I have no clue what could be happening.

I already checked that my IP is set in the Database Firewall exceptions on Azure.

EDIT: I've been trying to get some more info with fiddler, but no error appears in the sessions screen. The last transaction returns a 200 OK message, then Visual Studio prompts the error.

Monday, August 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Answers

• Ok, at the end I was able to find the solution for this issue.

My problem was I was having a mess with the certificates in Azure and the ones referenced in the config files of the application. At the end I figured it out how to configure them all - you almost need a special degree for that ;).

Just for the record, the best way to troubleshoot the publishing of an application to a Cloud Service is to manually deploy the applciation from the Azure Management Portal itself. At least it gives a lot more information in case of failure than in the Visual Studio Wizard.

• Marked as answer by Marc Jordana Monday, September 16, 2013 12:41 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Marc

According to the error message above, this is a general error message when we deploy LightSwitch application to Windows Azure. For this issue, I can hardly give precise troubleshooting. I'd like to suggest you to re-do your publish process, at the same time there is a document about publishing a LightSwitch Application to Windows Azure, and you could refer the publish procedures, and check whether you miss something, perhaps it can give some tips to troubleshoot,

# Publish a LightSwitch Application to Windows Azure

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj131261.aspx

Regards

Angie xu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:04 AM
  • I've tried redeploying several times, even re-installing the Azure SDK tools.

Each time fails the same way. The publishing process starts but after some seconds fails. On fiddler looks like this:

Returns a 200 OK message and after a couple of seconds Visual Studio fails with the 400 Bad Request message.

I'm starting to be really frustrated with this :(

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:18 PM
  • Hi Marc

Sorry for the issue hitting now,

Perhaps you need reset all publish settings, and then publish this LightSwitch application again, and check whether it still has same issue, I think this document will be helpful for you,

# Declaring LightSwitch Publish Wizard Bankruptcy

Regards

<font color="0099FF">&lt;THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED &quot;AS IS&quot; WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED&gt;</font><br/> Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 16, 2013 8:51 AM
  • I did already try this but did not solve the issue.

I'm in contact with Microsoft Support and we are still trying to solve this.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:13 AM
  • Ok, at the end I was able to find the solution for this issue.

My problem was I was having a mess with the certificates in Azure and the ones referenced in the config files of the application. At the end I figured it out how to configure them all - you almost need a special degree for that ;).

Just for the record, the best way to troubleshoot the publishing of an application to a Cloud Service is to manually deploy the applciation from the Azure Management Portal itself. At least it gives a lot more information in case of failure than in the Visual Studio Wizard.

• Marked as answer by Marc Jordana Monday, September 16, 2013 12:41 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 12:41 PM