none
.Net Framework 4.5 (preinstall or refresh installation) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have Microsoft Visual Studio installed on my developer machine and when I try to start any new project which is on .Net framework 4.0 or higher Visual Studio raise an error Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002 it is mean that I need to preinstall .Net framework 4.x but, when I try to do this setup tool says that I have .Net framework and there is no installation.

Is there any help tip???

Thanks in advance... 

Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As it is embedded product, just try this first:

Type cmd in metro search window and run it as admin

Seach SFC.exe from the location.

Add sfc.exe to cmd prompt then add /scannow command.

This is the command way to fix system problems from your OS. If no luck, then you may have to consult MS Answers forum:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows to find a solution to fix your OS.

By the way, how will the embed component failed? Not installed correctly?

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 28, 2014 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please clarify your Visual Studio version first, is it Visual Studio 2010?And what's your OS version?

0x80070002 just means file not found and it seems it is not installed correctly on your OS.

To verify the exist installation, please use the following tool:

.NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide - Aaron Stebner's WebLog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Please verify .NET 4.5 or .NET 4.0 on your OS and the result will show whether they are installed correctly.

By the way, below are some possible issues:

1. If you are on Win 7 and have tried to remove .NET 4.5, if you want to use .NET 4.0 again, you will have to remove .NET 4.0 again and reinstall .NET 4.0.

2. If you are using Win 8 or higher, Win 8 has .NET 4.5 embedded and the only way to repair or reinstall it should be repair your OS

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, March 28, 2014 5:44 AM
  • Hi Barry,

Windows 8.1 Pro, Visual Studio 2013 Pro + Blend is my work framework.

It seems that I need to repair or reinstall OS :-(

Friday, March 28, 2014 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

As it is embedded product, just try this first:

Type cmd in metro search window and run it as admin

Seach SFC.exe from the location.

Add sfc.exe to cmd prompt then add /scannow command.

This is the command way to fix system problems from your OS. If no luck, then you may have to consult MS Answers forum:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows to find a solution to fix your OS.

By the way, how will the embed component failed? Not installed correctly?

Regards,

Barry Wang

Friday, March 28, 2014 12:47 PM