Permissions on Azure File RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i'm using azure files as a volume for kubernetes, but i'm facing a problem with it.

i'm able to set permissions on the hole share but i can’t change permissions on a specific file/directory.

If i set the default permissions to the hole share (example 644 (rw/r/r)) and try to change this permissions on specific file (example Chmod 0644 file) chmod doesn’t take any effect it always the default permissions.

Even if i didn’t mention the default permission it will take 0777 and yet i can’t change permissions of file/directory inside the share.

i’ve done some research and i found that this feature is not yet implemented the source is from 2016 I hope this feature is enabled now?

Otherwise is there any other solution to propose ?

Regards,

Hajjim

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:18 AM

Answers

• @Hajjim, unfortunately it's still not supported, the work around for this specific scenario is to actually Use AAD to provide specific access and permissions to users. In this case AAD has to be part of the infrastructure you currently have. Let me know if this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Adam Smith (Azure) Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hajjim Friday, October 11, 2019 10:24 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:07 PM

All replies

• @Hajjim, unfortunately it's still not supported, the work around for this specific scenario is to actually Use AAD to provide specific access and permissions to users. In this case AAD has to be part of the infrastructure you currently have. Let me know if this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Adam Smith (Azure) Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hajjim Friday, October 11, 2019 10:24 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:07 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, October 11, 2019 5:08 AM
  • Hello,

About the same subject can i use azure disk instand ?

can i share the same azure disk to multiple vms ??

Friday, October 11, 2019 10:38 AM
  • Hi Hajjim, Unfortunately, for that specific scenario, the best option is to use Azure file share, but permissions have to be either set on the root File share or use AAD, below is the scenario that matches yours: 

Friday, October 11, 2019 6:31 PM