none
How to make .vsto file an installer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Microsoft add-in and inside that project I only see this

if I run the ITLearnerBibManager which is a vsto file in a computer that has a visual studio it work but when I try to run it in a computer that has no visual studio it won't work does anyone know how to fix it? and is it possible to make this an installer? something like has a "setup". I saw video in youtube and I tried it but it wont work.

Thank you in advance

God Bless

Monday, March 17, 2014 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi iGnjmz,

If you don't have the Visual Studio installed on the machine, you'll need to install proper .NET Framework and  the VSTO runtime as well as an entry in the registry.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime

But if you create a setup project for the add-in project, you could add these two components as the prerequisites of the installer, when you run the installer, it'll give you a prompt if you don't have a necessary component installed in the system, and help to install it automatically.

When Do I Need to Deploy the VSTO Runtime?

And Microsoft has provide documentation for how to deploy office add-in projects for every version of VSTO, to save your time, I list here:

Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer

Choose a proper Visual Studio version at the top of the documentation, follow the steps provided.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by CaillenModerator Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by iGnjmz Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:40 AM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi iGnjmz,

If you don't have the Visual Studio installed on the machine, you'll need to install proper .NET Framework and  the VSTO runtime as well as an entry in the registry.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime

But if you create a setup project for the add-in project, you could add these two components as the prerequisites of the installer, when you run the installer, it'll give you a prompt if you don't have a necessary component installed in the system, and help to install it automatically.

When Do I Need to Deploy the VSTO Runtime?

And Microsoft has provide documentation for how to deploy office add-in projects for every version of VSTO, to save your time, I list here:

Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer

Choose a proper Visual Studio version at the top of the documentation, follow the steps provided.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by CaillenModerator Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by iGnjmz Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:40 AM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:51 AM
  • Thank you Caillen Zhong,I will try all of this I hope it work.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:41 AM