none
Adding Network Printer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Firstly sorry for my bad english this will be hard for me :)

İ'm trying to do a program that scans the network and find the printers ip and model informations. Then add this printers to local computer. As i understand the only way to found the network printer that unistalled is to ping each ip. İ did this. My program is pinging each ip and find the printers. Then i get the model information from the printers web html. Now finally i should add this printers automaticly to local pc. And i think i should specify the printers driver to do this. Can you guys help me please. (Sorry for my bad english again but i can't find source in my language).

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Craedra, 

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, I have some questions to confirm with you.

What’s the type of your application?

>>And i think i should specify the printers driver to do this

Are you looking for a printer driver? If so, I hope the following reference can help you.

Creating Virtual Printer in c#

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:45 AM
  • İ don't know the type of the application but it's a network printer adder or something like that. I only need to know how to add a network printer. İ know the printer model name (example: Samsung ML-371x), and the printer ip adresses (example: 10.222.36.21) and i have all the printer drivers setup in my pc. İ wan't to do this = When i press the install button in the windows form application the program should add the network printers in order and the user won't see the installation he/see will see the process bar. After the application finish all the printer addings a will show a messagebox "İnstallation completed". i don't want to use sql server to take printer information.

Please help me i'm not good at c# :/

i would be appreciative if you help. Thanks a lot

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Hi Craedra,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I note that you have asked a similar question in C# forums, so I will give my answers in that question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 7:39 AM