Interactive Sorting in Reporting services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a question, Is levels of sorting (have the first sort then with in that the second sort) is possible using interactive sorting in report.  I believe it is not ,but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,
    San
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hi San,

You cannot do that as I know. We can only have one sort by field expression. For example, set the sort by expression to be: = Fields!A.Value & Fields!B.Value. It will return the wrong order. So you have to create two interactive sorting on two items one for = Fields!A.Value, another one for Fields!B.Value. This is just my thought, if anyone has good idea about how to set the interactive sorting with multi level, please also let me know.

Regards,

Raymond

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:45 AM

All replies

• Sorting at run time (interactive sorting) was added in SSRS 2008. Have you tried this version?
    Thierry D'hers [MS], This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:59 PM
  • Hi ,

I am asking about the interactve sorting of fields in SSRS 2005.

Thanks,
    Suni
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:02 PM
  • Hi San,

You cannot do that as I know. We can only have one sort by field expression. For example, set the sort by expression to be: = Fields!A.Value & Fields!B.Value. It will return the wrong order. So you have to create two interactive sorting on two items one for = Fields!A.Value, another one for Fields!B.Value. This is just my thought, if anyone has good idea about how to set the interactive sorting with multi level, please also let me know.

Regards,

Raymond

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:45 AM