none
Toolbox icon grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry to be asking such a basic question here; I am using Word 2016 on Windows 7.  In the VBA IDE, the icon for the toolbox is grayed out, as follows:

Isn't this the tool used to insert buttons into a document? If so, what am I doing wrong that prevents this button from being enabled?

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:38 PM

Answers

• You need to add/create a new UserForm to the VBA project and open it to get the icon/controls enabled.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

• Marked as answer by A.M. Sabuncu Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:20 PM

All replies

• Ahmet,

You are in the editor mode. It doesn't make any sense in that case. You need to open any form to get it enabled.

Also you may check to see that the sheet security has not been reduced by clicking File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings button > ActiveX Settings and make sure 'Disable all controls without notification' has not been selected.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:04 PM
  • Thank you for your response. These are the settings for the ActiveX section:

When you say "open any form", could you please give me an example of a form?

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:17 PM
  • You need to add/create a new UserForm to the VBA project and open it to get the icon/controls enabled.

• Marked as answer by A.M. Sabuncu Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:20 PM
  • Thanks so much.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:22 PM