Integrating flash with asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User1205669949 posted

Hello Everyone,

I am using a ammap tool  from ammap.com which is similar to google map. Issue i am facing is reloading the map on the click of an asp.net button. i.e. when i click the button there is lot of data changed and i want the latest data to be reflected on the map.  I spoke with ammap and they informed me to use

document.getElementById('map_instance_id').reloadData('data_url');

Below is the code to load the map which collects the data from xml stored in specific location.

<script type="text/javascript">

var profileId = document.getElementById('ctl12_hidProfileId').value;
                alert(profileId);
               var so = new SWFObject("../map/ammap/ammap.swf", profileId, "700", "450", "8", "#444444");
               so.addVariable("path", "../Map/ammap/");

so.addVariable("settings_file", escape("../map/ammap/ammap_settings.xml"));                  // you can set two or more different settings files here (separated by commas)
              so.addVariable("data_file", escape("../map/ammap/ammap_data.xml"));

</script>

I am not sure how to proceed .

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 5:29 AM

All replies

• User297557456 posted

Just type shift this code that you have written above in your post to the client side click event of your button. and use JQuery plugin to render flash instead of this. it's been so old now... use something fresh and new.

using JQuery's Flash plugin you can re-load the whole SWF object (re-render it to the same html div element, so it will load again). Just to make sure your Map data is not cached in browser attach some random value to data_file path e.g. ammap_data.xml?rand=478554

for your reference:

http://jquery.lukelutman.com/plugins/flash/example-flashvars.html

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 8:38 PM